Don't you wish being fabulously fashionable would just cost less? Lucky for us...it can! Here are a few tips and tricks that will get you on your way to becoming a true budget fashionista!
1. Discount Designer
There are a few ways to go about this:
- The recent recession influenced alot of designers to create cheaper lines for major department stores such as Macy's and Target. Though the quality won't match their more expensive lines, the pieces are fashion forward and affordable
- Of course, you can also check out your favourite designer's collections during a sale! Though the pieces are still expensive, they are less expensive than when they are regular price
- BEST BET: High end department stores such as Neiman Marcus and Holt Renfrew have last call stores. Here you can find high end designer labels for up to 80% off. It takes awhile to look around but this is a great choice for handbags, shoes, evening gowns...anything really! My personal victory involves a pair of Manolo Blahnik pumps: $750 for $170. It was a good day!
2. Clearance and Sales
When you hit to your favourite stores, head to the back; that's usually where the clearance and sale racks are
3. Shop online to compare prices
I'm not suggesting buying online (though there are some great deals out there) because personally I like to try things on, but shopping online is a great way to compare prices and decide which stores you'd like to check out when you head to the mall.
4. Consignment and vintage
Consignment and vintage stores are excellent resources! You can find designer pieces for alot less than regular price. Some pieces are called classics for a reason: They never go out of style!
5. Use your wardrobe to its full potential
Wanna know the best way to save money? Not spending it! Take a wardrobe inventory every now and then. Accessories like scarves can be worn many different ways. Dresses can hop seasons with the addition of leggings, tights or the right shoes. Look at every piece and think of all the ways you can use it! Check out the one item--three looks section for some ideas!
6. Shop between seasons
Not only is this the perfect sale time, but you can snag some awesome transitional pieces. These pieces can work for multiple seasons